Permits and cutting will be available on September 24, 2016, until the wood is gone or weather permitting. Permits will be issued on a first come, first served basis at the Chena Project Office. Interested parties can call 907-488-2748 to confirm wood is still available.
- Information Required: Permittee will provide the Corps of Engineers the following information: name, mailing address, physical address, contact phone number and vehicle plate number.
- Where to pick up permits: Permittee will come to the Chena Project Office, 3800 Laurance Road, to sign and pick up their permit the day they would like to cut, just prior to cutting firewood.
- Firewood cutting hours: Monday through Sunday beginning at 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The last permit for the day will be given out no later than 3:30 p.m. to ensure gate closure at 4:30 p.m.
- Permit Cost: Free
- Limit: Up to three loads per household.
- Load Size: Each firewood permit entitles the permittee to one standard eight-foot long pickup load or equivalent. The wood will be stacked no higher than the top of the cab. Proper tie downs must be used. No exceptions are allowed.