Mr. Stephen Ribuffo (Municipality of Anchorage, Port of Anchorage) purpose is to replace the existing Petroleum, Oil, Lubricant (POL 1) terminal with a new structure designed and constructed to exceed current seismic standards at a new location.
The project site is located within Sections 6, 7; T. 13 N., R. 3 W., Seward Meridian; USGS Quad Map Anchorage A-8; Latitude 61.2403º N., Longitude 149.8886º W.; in Anchorage, Alaska.
PROPOSED WORK: The Port of Anchorage (the Port) proposes to construct the Petroleum and Cement Terminal (PCT) to replace the existing POL 1. The PCT would be designed to withstand a major seismic event and rapidly return to service in the event of trestle damage, providing Anchorage and other areas of Alaska with refined fuels and bulk cement, both of which are necessary for reconstruction activities. Construction of the PCT would include installation of the following project components:
• 175 48-inch steel, concrete reinforced piles
• 28 36-inch steel fender piles
• PCT main trestle and platform with associated utility and product lines
• Six (6) mooring dolphins each consisting of 8 battered piles
• Five (5) breasting dolphins each consisting of 8 battered piles
• Above-water access catwalks to connect the dolphins and the platform
• 44 temporary H-piles to facilitate installation of battered dolphin piles
• Emergency trestle, bridge and temporary utility lines (water, electric, communication, and product)
Please contact Ms. Amanda Whittier at (907) 753-5582, toll free from within Alaska at (800) 478-2712, by fax at (907) 753-5567, or by email at Amanda.L.Whittier@usace.army.mil if further information is desired concerning this notice.
POA-2003-502-M11, Knik Arm_PN