Expiration date: 3/23/2018
Mr. Brad Thomas, with ConocoPhillips Alaska, Inc. (CPAI), Post Office Box 100360, Anchorage, Alaska 99510, e-mail address Brad.C.Thomas@conocophillips.com, direct telephone line 907-263-4741, and fax number 907-265-1515.907-754-5139, states that the purpose is to construct a road-accessible drillsite, associated pipelines, and ancillary facilities to safely develop, produce, and transport hydrocarbons from the GMT2 reservoir to the existing Alpine Central Processing Facility (ACF) at Colville Delta 1 (CD1) and eventually to market at a reasonable rate of financial return. The project would produce 3-phase hydrocarbons (oil, gas, and water) which would be carried by pipeline to the ACF at CD1 for processing. Sales-quality crude oil produced at the ACF would be transported from CD1 via the existing Alpine Sales Oil Pipeline and Kuparuk Pipeline to the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) for shipment to market. The entirety of the project is located on the Arctic Coastal Plain of Alaska in the National Petroleum Reserve–Alaska near the Beaufort Sea and west of the Colville River, approximately 12 miles northwest of Nuiqsut, Alaska, within the following areas:
• Sections 1, 11, 12, 14, 22, 23, 27, 32-34 of Township (T) 10 North (N), Range
(R) 2 East (E), Umiat Meridian (UM);
• Section 6 of T. 10 N., R. 3 E., UM;
• Sections 24-28, 31-33 of T. 11 N., R. 3 E., UM;
• Sections 12-19 of T. 11 N., R. 4 E., UM;
• Sections 5-7 of T. 11 N., R. 5 E., UM;
• U.S. Geological Survey Quadrangle Maps Harrison Bay A-2 and Harrison Bay A-3.
70.1730° North, -150.6934° West (GMT2 Drill Pad);
Proposed Work: CPAI proposes the placement of 674,300 cubic yards (cy) of clean fill material into 78.1 acres, of which 77.9 acres are WOUS, including wetlands (see Table 1 of Public Notice), to construct:
▪ An 8.2-mile gravel access road (62.8 acres total; 62.6 acres in WOUS);
▪ A drill pad with 48-well capacity at GMT2 (14.0 acres in WOUS);
▪ Three vehicle pullout pads (0.4 acre each in WOUS) for safety and subsistence activity access; and
▪ Vertical Support Members (VSM) for 8.6-mile pipeline from GMT1 to GMT2 (total fill footprint of 0.1 acre in WOUS).
Please contact Mr. Steve Moore by e-mail message at firstname.lastname@example.org, direct telephone line at 907-753-5713,
toll free from within Alaska at 800-478-2712, or by fax at 907-753-5567 if you have questions or need further information concerning this PN.