JOINT BASE ELMENDORF-RICHARDSON --
JOINT BASE ELMENDORF-RICHARDSON – Representatives for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – Alaska District will host a virtual public meeting Wednesday, March 24, at 2 p.m. for anyone interested in learning about the newly issued North Slope of Alaska Regional General Permit, also known as RGP-05. The public will have an opportunity to ask questions and submit comments via the chat feature.
Under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act, the USACE- Alaska District’s Regulatory Division developed the regional general permit for projects that would impact 10 acres of wetlands on the North Slope of Alaska. This type of permit can be issued for oil and gas infrastructure, community development or coastal erosion projects if it qualifies and meets the conditions.
A copy of the new RGP-05 is available for public viewing along with the slides for the virtual presentation on our website at: https://www.poa.usace.army.mil/Missions/Regulatory/Special-Public-Notices/.
Please see the attached instructions for more information and how to join the virtual public outreach workshop.
# # #
Public Outreach – Virtual Workshop
North Slope of Alaska Regional General Permit (RGP-05)
March 24, 2021 at 2 p.m.
Instructions for participating virtually:
If you are new to WebEx video web conference, please allow a little extra time to download a temporary meeting application.
It is not necessary to enable a web camera for this meeting. Required Devices:
- Computer, tablet or other mobile device with WiFi access
Join WebEx for both audio and visual connection
- In your internet browser, search: https://usace1.webex.com/join/mary.r.romero - or paste this link into your internet browser. WebEx may appear differently depending on the browser in use. If you are unable to connect through one browser, you might try a different one.
- When you are on the meeting page, fill in your name and your email address as instructed. This information is required to access WebEx, however, USACE will not collect or store this information following the WebEx meeting.
- Select the ‘Join Meeting’ button.
- Underneath the ‘Select Audio Connection’ section, select the ‘Call Me’ option.
- Type your phone number, including the area code, in the dialogue box (a green arrow in the image above points directly to this box) and then click ‘Connect Audio.’ The program will then call your phone, so please be sure to answer.
- Using phone keyboard, type “1” when directed.
You should now be connected audibly and visually to the meeting.
- All phone lines will be placed on mute by the meeting host;
- It is not necessary to enable a web camera for this meeting.
In the case that you encounter a lost or interrupted audio/telephone connection, you may either dial in directly using the information provided below.
Call-in #: (877) 336-1839
Access Code: 7097158
Security Code: 1111
Release no. 21-003