1. Effective immediately and in accordance with the latest Secretary of Defense guidance regarding protective measures to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all individuals on DoD property, installations, and facilities will wear cloth face coverings when they cannot maintain six feet of social distance in public areas or work centers. This includes all military personnel, civilian employees, family members, contractors, and all other individuals on DoD property, installations, and facilities.
2. The U.S. Government will not be issuing personal protective face coverings. Medical personal protective equipment such as N95 respirators or surgical masks will not be issued for this purpose as they will be reserved for appropriate personnel. Personnel are encouraged to fashion face coverings as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
3. Security checkpoints may require the lowering of face covers to verify identification.
4. Military Installation Commanders will remove any contractor personnel from the installation who have been found to have violated these health and safety requirements; and continued infractions could lead to removal of the contractor from the installation as well.
5. For questions or clarifications regarding this memorandum, please contact your COR, ACO or Contracting Officer.
6. Point of contact for this memorandum is undersigned at 907-753-2543 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christopher A. Tew
Chief of Contracting