Placer Mining

Jump To:


Contact Us

Welcome to the Alaska District’s information center regarding the Department of Army’s Regulatory Program and placer mining in Alaska. Please view the documents and fact sheets below to learn more about the district’s authority to regulate placer mining activities under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act.

The Corps has three attachments that must be included with your APMA or when moving to a new location.

Regional General Permit POA-2014-00055 Mechanical Placer Mining and 401 Water Quality Certification

Construction Project