The applicant, Sealaska Timber Corporation's, stated purpose is to construct a log sort yard, campsite, and service float,
including the installation of standing log booms and anchor bouys for building log rafts and ship moorage.
PROPOSED WORK: The applicant requests authorization for the following work in waters of the United States:
1. Discharge 305 cubic yards of stack rock and shot rock fill material into 0.016 acres below the High Tide Line
(approximate elevation +19.4 feet above the 0.0 foot contour) to construct a 12 feet wide by 50 feet long approach.
2. Construct below the Mean High Water mark, (MHW), (approximate elevation +14.4 feet above the 0.0 foot contour), one 5
feet wide by 70 feet long timber ramp, connected to one 30 feet wide by 30 feet long log service float, secured to the
seafloor by four
3. Excavate by drilling and blasting 1,320 cubic yards from 0.15 acres below the MHW to construct a 122 feet long by 45 feet
wide Log Transfer Facility drive-down ramp, including the installation of two 18-inch steel skids below the MHW
4. Discharge 13,000 cubic yards of organic overburden and shot rock fill material into 0.02 acres of wetlands to construct a
4 acre sort yard.
5. Install below the MHW, one 2,600 feet long standing log booms anchored with
ten 6-ton concrete anchors with bouys.
6. Install below the MHW one 2,000 feet long standing log booms anchored with
seven 6-ton concrete anchors with bouys.
7. Install below the MHW three 800 feet long standing log booms anchored with
nine 6-ton concrete anchors with bouys.
8. Install below the MHW two 6-ton concrete anchors with bouys for ship moorage.
All work would be performed in accordance with the enclosed plan sheets 1 - 4, dated July 20, 2015, and sheets 1 - 2, dated
September 9, 2015.
Comments on the described work, with the reference number, should reach this office no later than the expiration date of this
Public Notice to become part of the record and be considered in the decision. Please contact Randal Vigil at (907) 790-4491
or by email at Randal.P.Vigil@usace.army.mil if further information is desired concerning this notice.
POA-2015-354, McKenzie Inlet_PN