Kootznoowoo Incorporated (Inc.)'s stated purpose is to build a hydroelectric facility to provide electricity to Angoon. Kootznoowoo Incorporated (Inc.)'s request authorization for the following work in waters of the United States, including wetlands:
1. Discharge 15,000 cubic yards of clean rock fill material into 0.82 acres below the high tide line (approximate elevation +18.6 feet below the 0.0 foot contour) (HTL) and the mean high water mark (approximate elevation +13 feet below the 0.0 foot contour) (MHW) to construct a marine facility consisting of a barge landing and small boat ramp.
2. Discharge 1,000 cubic yards of rock fill material into 1.2 acres of estuarine and forested wetlands to construct a 0.73 mile long by 16 wide access road. Work would include the installation of 8 culverts below the ordinary high water line within 271 lineal feet stream to provide for cross-drainage.
3. Discharge 1,500 cubic yards of clean rock fill material into 0.46 acres below the HTL and MHW to secure and armor 1,000 linear feet of 4-inch diameter electrical transmission line.
4. Install below the MHW 6.37 miles of 4-inch diameter electrical transmission line on the seafloor between Thayer Creek and the City of Angoon via cable laying barge.
5. Discharge 400 cubic yards of Roller Compacted Concrete into 0.04 acres below the ordinary high water line to construct a 60 feet long by 30 feet wide portion of dam within Thayer Creek. Work would include the temporary diversion of 0.03 acres of Thayer Creek by the construction of a 50 feet long by 30 feet wide super sack cofferdam below the ordinary high water line.
All work would be performed in accordance with the enclosed plan (sheets 1-10), dated August 12, 2016. Please contact Randal Vigil at (907) 790-4491, by mail at the address above, or by email at Randal.P.Vigil@usace.army.mil if further information is desired concerning this notice.
POA-2001-86, Thayer Creek_PN
POA-2001-86, Thayer Creek_PN Drawings