Getting Started

Jump To:


Additional Help

We will ask you a few questions to help guide you through the Permitting Process.

Are you planning to do any of the following:
  1. conduct work e.g., dredging or disposal of
    dredged material, excavation,
    filling, etc.
    in or install structures e.g. piers, wharfs, breakwaters, bulkheads, jetties, weirs,
    transmission lines
    in navigable waters of the United States?
  2. discharge (dump, place, deposit) dredged or fill material in waters of the United States, including wetlands?
  3. transport dredged material for the purpose of dumping it in ocean waters?
  • No, I'm not planning any of these activities.
    Then, no permit is needed from the Corps of Engineers. Have a great day!
  • Yes, but how can I design my project to eliminate the need for a Corps Permit?
    If your activity is located in an area of tidal waters, the best way to avoid the need for a permit is to select a site that is above the high tide line for fill material, above the Mean High Water for structures, and avoids wetlands or other water-bodies. In the vicinity of fresh water, stay above ordinary high water and avoid wetlands adjacent to the stream or lake.
  • Yes. I am planning to do one or more of the listed activities and I am 
     unable to avoid wetlands or water-bodies.